See what I did there in the title? It's a Back to the Future reference. But different!
Anyway, hello everyone!
I've got some controversial news for you guys. Basically I want to change a couple of things. You can read a more detailed explanation below, but here's a quick summary:
- Commissions are cancelled.
- I'm going to take another break for an unknown amount of time.
- I'm going to ditch 3ds Max and learn Maya.
- I want to focus on creating non-erotic work, unrelated to this alias (ellowas). Porn won't be completely off the table, though.
- As far as WoW-porn is concerned, I will go back to the roots, ditch my new models and work with the original ones again. Will definitely wait for the new character models to be released, though.
- I will to go back to a more „softcore“ style. Explicit blowjob and penetration shots are what led me to make new models in the first place.
- I'm going to take another break for an unknown amount of time and commissions are cancelled!
So, what happened?
Basically, I was working away on a commission and was once again being confronted with the limits of my rig and 3ds Max' crappy skinning tools in general.
So I watched a crapload of tutorials about Maya and was convinced that in my case switching would be a good idea.
While watching all these videos, I also realized how much 3d design means to me and that my interest in it is actually genuine and not tied to making porn. I am pretty sure by now that I want to do 3d design for a living. But I have to start taking it more seriously, build a proper portfolio (porn doesn't count) and figure out in what field I want to specialize.
So I'm taking my switch to Maya as an opportunity to start working towards that goal. Initially I was toying with the idea of turning my back on porn for good, but who are we kidding >_>
I also looked back at my work so far and to be honest, I'm not happy with the direction it was heading. I'm glad I tried building my own wow-models from scratch, experiment with realistic lighting and whatnot, but ultimately I liked the original style better.
It worked pretty well for my Bioshock works though, so I may keep that style for some games.
A big SORRY to everyone who was waiting to commission me. I know this comes very unexpected to you, but I've been thinking about this for around two weeks now. Hopefully you guys understand that I had to make this cut somewhere, if I am to go through with my plans.
Have a nice Christmas everyone and enjoy your holidays!
Til we meet again.